WELCOME TO THE CHISEL AND STONE

Thanks for stopping by!

This is a compilation of thoughts, articles, and poetry designed to make you go hmmmmm.............................

No demands, no commands and no put downs. Just the hope that reading this will inspire you to think, and to seek a truer, deeper spirituality.


ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST..(JRR
TOLKIEN)

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED.........FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT! (anonymous.......Thanks Jet)

I am solely responsible for the content of this site and wholly unapologetic about what I write. I hope to challenge you, and I may step on some toes in the process, but I do not seek to consciously offend.

EACH PERSON IS RESPONSIBLE TO DECIDE WHETHER WHAT I PRESENT IS THE TRUTH. JUDGE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY, "TEST THE SPIRITS", BUT PLEASE DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY WITHOUT QUESTIONING IT!

(A written outreach of "The Carpenter's Workshop")


in His love, Tom

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Immutable.
Illimitable.
Unimpeachable,
Pansophic.
Transcendent.
Oh God, you are boundless.
So why,
Does my mind race?.
Why?
What?
How?
I,
Temporal,
Changeable,
Impotent in comparison,
Strive in my vanity to peer into your mind.
To define you.
To match you wit for wit,
Mind for mind.
To place my demands upon you
As though you were some heavenly errand boy,
Vending Machine,
Lion to be tamed with whip and chair.
To explain you,
Formulaic,
Definable,
Marketable,
Like a commodity.
To enclose you safely in the comforts of my understanding.
To bottle you as though to quench my thirst at my convenience.
To dare to proclaim
I walk as your walk,
Speak as you speak,
Live as some example of your boundless love.
I in my egocentric,
Comfort seeking,
Hardship avoiding,
Impatient recklessness,
Would are to pronounce my self as a picture of who You are.
Ungracious,
Unmerciful,
Unutterably unloving in comparison.
Is this the final place of placing myself into Your place?
Daring to approach You with my cognition?
Enough!
You have said, "Be still and know that I am God."
I do not even understand my D.O.G.
Let alone my G.O.D.!
Please.
Please.
Quiet my racing mind, Lord.
Quiet my thoughts till all within me is still.
Help me know that it is enough just to know you.








No comments: